What is BIG?
BIG is a yearly international independent games festival, organized by the Brazilian company GAME Ltd. Its first edition happened from November 22nd to December 2nd 2012 at MIS (Museum of Image and Sound of São Paulo).
In this edition, the festival offered several attractions suited for a diverse, dynamic, audience:
- Showcase of the finalist games; completely open to the public
- International competition to award the best independent games developed recently throughout the world
- Business networking between professionals in the game design area
- Workshops and vocational training for Brazilian professionals
Counting with hundreds of submitted games, our competition received a broad participation, both nationally and internationally, enabling a diverse experience to its visitors. The first edition of our competition was open to any modern electronic platform, showcasing from mobile to console, PC and web-based games.
BIG Festival aims to exhibit the most recent and relevant projects in the gaming area to a large audience, while focusing on two main goals:
- Praise innovative means of communication in electronic games (visual, music, narrative and gameplay).
- Strengthen the independent gaming industry in Brazil.
The festival has given unique opportunities to several national developers that had the chance of showing their projects to investors, large companies in the game business and other professionals in the area.Based on the feedback received along its duration, we’re already planning changes to make sure that the next BIG Festival is even better!
Aiming to encourage the development of high quality independent games, BIG Festival has awarded the best titles of the festival and its competition with a grand total of over 25000 USD in separate prizes!
These are 2012’s winners for each category:Best Game Award (15000 USD) – Sponsored by Telefônica/Vivo